Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys!

I am new to the forum and i am in need of some help. Currently I am building my first retro pie all in one gaming station project. I have already gotten what i believe i need to get the project started (some items like keyboard and mouse not shown). Currently what I am looking to do is fit my raspberry pie into this ds lite travel case. I have a few ideas about how I want to go about doing this but would love some help and ideas on how to get the best look possible. Here is a few pics of what we got so far. If anyone could give me a few ideas i would appreciate the help, also tell me what are the dos and do not’s for raspberry pie such as should I make holes for vents for better cooling? Should I raise the pi or is it fine to touch the plastic of the case and or the material made with the case or what I shouldn’t do during this project. Guys thanks again for all the help I cannot wait to get this started!

kagamutora
    Participant

sorry photos were to big in size here is them resized of the case i want to use

karloss
    Participant

Pi will be fine against plastic case, also, you shouldn’t need air vents, as as long as you not overclocking to a massive scale, the pi can handle the heat :)

kagamutora
    Participant

I see awesome so what’s your thoughts on the rubber like material that came with the case pictured above, would you say it’s safe to use with the pi and if not what can I use to hold down the pi from moving?

karloss
    Participant

What would be fine, you could cut the middle line so that the pi could “sit” in it..

kagamutora
    Participant

Awesome what’s your thoughts on hot glue I see lots of videos where hot glues is used on boards wires etc… Is this safe to use on the pi I’m aware of the holders they have but I want to use something I have now to keep it in place from moving and I’ve seen everything from scotch tPe to hot glue just not sure if that’s safe or not for the pi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.