Retropie + Hyperion

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mayki mayki 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of luvien99
    luvien99
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to install Hyperion on my Rpi with Retropie 3. The problem is after the hyperion installation, the json server is not running and I get “Can’t connect to the host” trying to send command. I tried with Retropie 2.6 same thing.

I took a nee Sd card, installed OSMC and hyperion and everything is working great.

Any ideas? Many thanks,

LJ

Profile photo of blackbird90
    blackbird90
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been trying the same thing for the past week and I haven’t gotten anywhere.

How do you start it? With: sudo hyperiond /etc/hyperion.config.json ?

Bbird

Profile photo of dixeflatline
    dixeflatline
    Participant

I was actually going to try getting Hyperion installed/working once i get some other things squared away. If im not mistaken, RetroPie is built on Raspbian. I would try following that wiki first. First thing i would try from an SSH session is “netstat -tnl” to see what ports listening. If you dont see the default open then that would be a place to start. Change the default port in the hyperion config file. I think the default port is 19444 or 19445. You can also alter your iptables to open the port. I think the command to do so is:
    sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport 19444 -j ACCEPT
    sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport 19445 -j ACCEPT

Goodluck and I hope its as easy as opening the ports because in the next few days ill be giving it a go too.

Cheers,
    dfl

Profile photo of luvien99
    luvien99
    Participant

Thanks! I will try that today and get back to you.

Right now I got it working using OSMC and retropie installed on the same SD card. I don’t really need OSMC, but it’s working and I can start Retropie from OSMC GUI.

LJ

dixeflatline
    Participant

Hey luvien99,

Did you get it working? I didnt run into any real problems like you stated above. I did have to install lsb-core and that seemed to fix any of my issues. What i did was:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libqtcore4 libqtgui4 libqt4-network libusb-1.0-0 ca-certificates

Enable spi via retropie advanced settings or sudo nano /boot/config.txt and add dtparam=spi=on to the bottom of the file and reboot

wget -N https://raw.github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/master/bin/install_hyperion.sh

chmod +x install_hyperion.sh
    sudo ./install_hyperion.sh

TEST:
    hyperion-remote –priority 50 –color red –duration 5000

dont forget to put your hyperion.config.json file in /etc/ and change the file effects path to the effects folder wherever that installs for you mine was /opt/hyperion/effects which I didnt have to change so i doubt you would

I still have some tweaking to do but this is what mine is looking like right now:
    hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZOKrKjdXYk

Hope that made sense or helps,
    DFL

Profile photo of rougerasha
    rougerasha
    Participant

i got it to run. with and without grabber.
    but i have to do this command “sudo apt-get –reinstall install upstart” to get it working with grabber. But this command breaks the autologin. Now i must login manually everytime i start. Does anybody know how to start emulationstation instead. i am out of ideas.

ps. i tried in the raspi-config boot to scratch and in retropie_setup the “boot in emulationstation”

many thanks

dixeflatline
    Participant

Does it look like its trying to boot then crashes to console? Do you have a debug log?

Profile photo of mayki
    mayki
    Participant

Please help. I can not install Hyperion on Retropie. I installed according to these instructions:

https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki/installation

Test instalation :

pi@retropie ~ $ hyperion-remote --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000
    Unable to connect to host

SPI Enable with Raspi-Config and config.txt

dtparam=spi=on

pi@retropie ~ $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf
    # blacklist spi and i2c by default (many users don't need them)

#blacklist spi-bcm2708
    blacklist i2c-bcm2708
    pi@retropie ~ $ sudo hyperiond /etc/hyperion.config.json
    hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ports listening:

pi@retropie ~ $ netstat -tnl
    Active Internet connections (only servers)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:33641           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:43959           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

I do not know if this is a problem in the port or at the library libpython2.7.so.1.0.
    Some idea? Can you help?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar