Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m rather new to both Linux and the raspberry pi, but I’m using retropie as a method of learning.

The newest update installs Cave Story which seems to run fairly well right off the bat. The only issue I’m having with Cave Story is regular “lag” (complete freezing of both frames and sound) that lasts only a fraction of a second. I’ve looked around for ways to optimize cave story, but there seems to be very little documentation on it. I remember reading somewhere that the issue was likely due to the large nature of the game’s sound files, but I’m not sure what truth that holds.

I’ve tried running my pi in turbo mode, but it does nothing to improve the issue. Any suggestions?

ruadrim
    Participant

I have the same issue.

There’s an alternative build floating around the internet, but that one is fixed to a small screen and you can’t change the controls.

Jonathan Demarks
    Participant

This has to do with the sound not running on a separate thread. As noted above there’s a fix for it but I have not been able to locate it and every time I recompile Cave Story on the RPi my audio gets messed up.

Sorry it doesn’t help, I just wanted to add extra detail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.