Im a passionate java programmer and retro console fan. Im working on an own retro system frontend for raspberry pi (early stage) based on javaFX and I would like to ask what people think about this project.
My goals are:
* retroarch only emulators (keep it simple)
* pure console feeling (no console logs on starting, switching emulators)
* raspberry pi configuration out of the box (WLAN, Screen-settings, etc…)
* Unique bluetooth controller support
* themeable gui
* automatic scraping/resizing covers form gamesdb
As I sad, the project is on eary stage but it is already running on raspberry and it really looks good so far. I would love to hear what you people think and I’m waiting for feedback.
One thing I would be interested to see with your build is how it handles multiple systems. Emulationstation has limitations when it comes to too many ROMs/emulators. Does your build provide more system options without the limitations of emulationstation?
Loving the look of this! Reminds me of OpenEmu, which is my current favorite due to its simple elegance.
Would be great if you could add a couple of “smart collections”, for example: showing all games that are 2-player, favorite games and kids games. Also it can be nice being able to see games for all emulators, sorting them by alphabet or year.