Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve just updated my system from 3.1 to 3.2.1 by using the full binary installation, but now, every time I want to open the retroarch menu of the console emulators (snes, megadrive, master system…) the menu gets stuck with the “search” thing in the middle of the screen. I remember we had the same issue a few months ago with FBA (FBA works fine after the update). Does anybody know if there is any trick to fix this problem?
    Fortunately I did a full backup of my SD card before updating, so I can revert to the previous version if I want, but I prefer to ask before doing it, just in case.

Thank you!

tipoto
    Participant

Update:
    Ok, so I manage to unlock the menu by pressing alt, but I still don’t know what it is searching for when the menu is displayed.

More important: I found a fix for the problem, I overwrote the file /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch by the same file I had on another SD card (with retropie 3.1), and now everything works fine again. It’s weird because retroarch hasn’t been updated between 3.1 and 3.2.1, we still have retroarch version 1.2.2, but the files size are slightly different.

gizmo98
    Participant

Button X opens search box. Button A or B closes search box. Our old ‘kill search box’ fix does not work anymore. But it should be possible to close this annoying field with controller now.

tipoto
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I guess I forgot to try A or B, but I think I’m going to keep the previous version of the file anyway, it feels more natural to me to be able to navigate over the menus immediately.
    If anyone wants the file, I can share it, it the same version of retroarch (1.2.2) without the search box.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

there are lots of input problems with Retroarch – not sure anything will be done upstream. For example if triggering the hotkey to open the gui, it should not then assume X has been pressed to open the search. Gizmo has submitted a new working fix to remove the search box, so if you update retropie-setup and rebuild from source it will be gone. I will recompile some new binaries as soon as I’ve had a chance to test the latest retroarch.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

another problem is having select as a hotkey in some cores – I am going to look into possible workarounds for changing hotkey behaviour when I get some free time.

tipoto
    Participant

Cool! Thanks!
    I will try rebuilding retroarch from source and see if I have any issues with the systems I use.
    Do you know which systems are concerned by the problem with the select button?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.