Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

“Never let it be said that your anal-retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results!”
    – Loki, Dogma

Hello again! Sharing a bit more of the material I’ve been collating for my own RetroPie project. It’s a list of all of the DOSBox programs I’ve got running on DOSBox Pi, with a note as to how well they work and a couple of notes on what executables do what.

Obviously, there can be several versions of DOS programs and you might not have the one I have, so I guess this is more of a guide than a bible. Hope it helps someone though!

dankcushions
    Participant

This is great! thanks :) you should upload it somewhere and link to the wiki (I guess you can link it to the upload here?)

herbfargus

I can add it to my gooogle drive folder that has all the other compatibility lists and post it on the wiki if that would be acceptable to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, sorry herbfargus, I didn’t see your post as I was editing the wiki :-) That would be fine, however you’d like to do it!

herbfargus

Ha ha must have been while I was replying. I’ll copy it on my Google drive just so there is more than one copy. I’ll leave the reference to this post on the wiki as well.

herbfargus

Here we are: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tx5k3F0_AO6w00WrXULMBSUTRhtLyIhHI8Wz8GuqLfQ/edit?usp=sharing

The wiki has been updated with the google drive link as well and its editable by anyone so anyone can contribute to it.

Thanks- Great list!

Omnija
    Participant

you should add Retro City Rampage: 486 it works as well.

pi-guy
    Participant

Any chance you guys have a guide for tweaking DOSBOX….maybe it’s not possible on RPI2. Also curious if anyone has tried the game MDK (Murder, Death, Kill) in dosbox on RPI2.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh go on then, I’ll write one :-) Look for it soon!

As for MDK, if I remember right it works brilliantly!

pi-guy
    Participant

@Billy
    Really? That’d be great or at least attach your config files somewhere. As for MDK, it totally works on a desktop version of Dosbox but when installed within dosbox on the RPI2 it loads…does some sort of check (just like PC) then fails saying that the computer is a 486 but the system is too slow or something… I googled the error msg earlier and I’ve seen others report it (on non RPI2 forums) with no fix.

I’m guessing it’s probably something to do with the settings…hence my post above.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ack! You’re absolutely right, I’d forgotten – I had just the same problem with MDK! It was one of the few I had to give up on. Sorry to raise your hopes there, I was remembering it working it working on Playstation not PC.

pi-guy
    Participant

I’m trying to get my hands on the Playstation version, maybe someday soon….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a quick update to let everyone know I’m currently working on a guide to editing the DOSBox .conf files, and how to give each game its own set of settings. Hopefully you’ll see it very soon!

lakeuk
    Participant

Excellent spreadsheet resource, I’ve added TFX to the list, sadly it’s too slow to be playable, system performance test give a floating point speed of <100k per sec compared to running through dosbox on my old laptop gives a 1864k per sec rating allow maximum settings.

What’s the link to the wiki?

herbfargus
    pi-guy
    Participant

I know it’s been a while, I thought I’d mention that I got my PI3 a few days ago and ran MDK2 under the dreamcast emulator. Works brilliantly, the cut scenes have choppy audio – but who cares? Still haven’t gotten my hands on the playstation version of MDK but MDK2 is a start. One problem that I’ve found with the dreamcast is that the controller I have (xbox360 MadCatz/Gamestop Clone) works mostly but doesn’t allow the “enter/select” button in the system menu so I can’t set the time….researching that issue.

lakeuk
    Participant

Also got myself a Pi3 this week, I’ve retested TFX and it runs perfectly and config detects that the hardware can run everything at maximum settings.

One thought, the spreadsheet doesn’t convey what model Pi the support statement related to are we assuming it’ll now just be the latest Pi version. Should we have an extra column for minimum Pi version support matching the status, for example for TFX I’d put Works Perfectly and set minimum Pi to Pi3, if someone comes along with a lower spec Pi and find it also work perfectly on a Pi2 then minimum Pi would be changes to Pi2.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.