Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey There,

I’m almost done with my Retropie project but I’m not so happy how my bluetooth dongle works at the moment.

How it now works is when I boot up I can wait till the emulationstation splash screen appears and then my bluetooth dongle blinks. when that happens I can succesfully pair my Dualshock 3 controller and I’m ready to play.

However if I wait a couple seconds more the bluetooth pairing blinking dissappears and then I have to reboot in order to correctly pair it again.

Can this be done easier?

Like:
    – When re-inserting the bluetooth dongle the pairing starts again.

When I pause my game sometimes after 20 minutes the Dualshock3 and the bluetooth dongle completely shuts down to preserve battery power. At that moment I’m stuck at the game. can’t save but I can only reboot to continue playing with my controller.

I hope this can be done!
    Thanks a lot!

pattaboy
    Participant

someone knows this problem or is it just the dongle I use?

tank
    Participant

i have the same problem with an logilink bluetooth 2.1 dongle even after installing to 3.0.0 beta (was on 2.6before) i ordered a 4.0 asus one” hopefully the reconnection will work then. i will tell you

retchron
    Participant

I put in a 30s delay on boot to give me more time to pair, see the instructions here https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/ps3-bluetooth-controller-correct-method-for-retropie-2-3/. (look at comments 84419 and 84681)

It would be ideal if you could connect anytime though, and I still have issues where sometimes only one controller will connect at a time.

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=92805]I put in a 30s delay on boot to give me more time to pair, see the instructions here https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/ps3-bluetooth-controller-correct-method-for-retropie-2-3/. (look at comments 84419 and 84681)

It would be ideal if you could connect anytime though, and I still have issues where sometimes only one controller will connect at a time.
    [/quote]

connecting isn’t really an issue.
    it’s more that when I go out for an hour or something and come back to play again my controller is deactivated which is a good thing but I can’t reactivate it.

I’m sure it’s possible with some coding/editing or just an option within retropie setup in the future.

And I’m definitely sure it will help a lot of people!

tank
    Participant

you can try adding a few lines to crontab s(started every minute with sleep 5, sleep 10, sleep 15, sleep 20 and so on…
    the command would look like this:
    sudo bluez-test-input connect 65:03:22:B7:04:07

i’m not sure about performance impact though. i havent tried it yet.

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=92830]you can try adding a few lines to crontab s(started every minute with sleep 5, sleep 10, sleep 15, sleep 20 and so on…
    the command would look like this:
    sudo bluez-test-input connect 65:03:22:B7:04:07

i’m not sure about performance impact though. i havent tried it yet.

[/quote]

Just found out how to set scan all the time so that when your controller times out then you can repair it.

just go to

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

add the following 2 lines right before the “exit 0″ line:

hciconfig device up
    hciconfig enable pscan

This should do the trick

tank
    Participant

so without these lines nobody was able to RE-connect their gamepads before?!

it would be very nice if that would work!! thank you :)

edit: yes, it’s working now… so everyone just deals with this issue or was everyone keeping this commands a secrets?or arent they neccessary with all dongles?

retchron
    Participant

I get an error saying “Warning: unknown command – “enable”

/etc/rc.local: 26: /etc/rc.local: pscan: not found”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.