Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I’m currently looking to buy a PI and i saw on the raspberrypi site that the new B+ model have a 40 pins GPIO header. I already bought the acrylic case and the GPIO adapter. Will it be compatible or I should stick with the B model?

Thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The RetroPie GPIO Adapter is compatible to all Raspberry Pi models including B++. However, the dimensions of the model B and B++ are different and the acrylic case at the petrockblog store is only compatible to the Raspberry Pi models A + B.

Luke

Well I’m screwed then. I bought the case and adapter bundle not knowing it didn’t support b+. Is there some sort of makeshift solution that would make it fit?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Looking at the dimensions of the PCB of the Raspberry Pi model B+ I can tell you that it fits into the case. However, the connectors, i.e., power supply, HDMI, and USB, are located at different/additional places in comparison to model B. This is the reason why model B+ does not fit into the case without further modifications. If you do not want to get an RPi model B for that project, you could cut the corresponding slots into the case with a Dremel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.