Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just got my new Raspberry Pi 2, and I’ve got RetroPie 3.0 running on it. I was hoping for some opinions. From what I understand, lr-SNES9x-Next is considered by far the best SNES emulator with this combination (Pi 2 + RetroPie 3)

Is there a clear-cut winner for best GBA emulator for this combination? gpsp, lr-gpsp, lr-mgba, or lr-vba-next? Or another one not included with RetroPie 3.0 by default? Or does the answer change depending on the game being played?

I would appreciate any help with this! :)

herbfargus

I personally prefer lr-mgba which can be installed from the setup script. But it really just depends on what you’re looking for and what games you’re playing (like lr-gpsp doesn’t work for pokemon…)

multikoopa
    Participant

Cool. Why do you prefer that over the others?

herbfargus

It works with pokemon :p has retroarch configs, it doesn’t lag as much as vba-next on my rpi2.

multikoopa
    Participant

wait, the others have problems with the Pokemon games?? Well, that completely rules them out, lol thanks

multikoopa
    Participant

…but why is there no audio with lr-mgba? Through HDMI…

herbfargus

It just takes some testing- the best solution is probably using whichever works best for the ROM. I don’t have any sound problems with mine so idk.

multikoopa
    Participant

….sound just completely stopped working on the Pi for all systems.

Well then…

multikoopa
    Participant

Alright I guess the 20-hour-old HDMI cable I had died. lol

LR-MGBA seems to be working just fine, thank you.

If only I could actually get Fast-Forward-Toggle to work :\

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.