Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I downloaded the version 2.6 RetroPie to use with my new Pi 2. I get the power LED light but nothing else. I don’t get an activity light on the LAN port. I am new to this whole scene after getting a Raspberry Pi Model B+ last month for my birthday, which works fine. When the Model 2 came out, I got excited and ordered it.

I also tried the Micro-SD card from my Model B+ Raspberry Pi and the same thing happens.

Am I missing something here? Am I supposed to do something to a brand new Raspberry Pi before I try to use RetroPie 2.6 or any other OS?

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

There could be a few factors at work here:
    -Your HDMI cable isn’t working (I had this with my TV which requires a specific quality of cable to work)
    -Your power supply may not provide enough voltage/amperage to run the Pi. Try a different one. Note that when running, the Pi will also show a rainbow-coloured square in the top right corner of the screen if it does not have enough power to run properly.
    -The software hasn’t been written properly to the SD card.

Computer Ninja
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try the power supply as I’m only using the Micro USB cable to get the power I need.

HDMI cable works fine as it works just fine with my Model B+ Raspberry Pi. Remember, I have all this working just fine and dandy on the Model B+. Although, I didn’t try the RetroPie 2.6 installation on the Model B+. But that’s not really my issue.

herbfargus

There are two versions of the 2.6 image. one for the raspberry pi B+ and one for the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. You’re probably smarter than me but just in case you made the same mistake I did- this is the sd image that works for the Pi 2

https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/download-info/retropie-sd-card-image-for-rpi-version-2/

Computer Ninja
    Participant

I hope I’m smarter, but I guess I’ll need to double check and see if I snagged the wrong image. I can also test the image I think is for the Model 2 and try it on my Model B+ and see what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.