Quick setup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of herbfargus herbfargus 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of prototypeshogun
    prototypeshogun
    Participant

What is the right process for getting this thing going after downloading and writing the image to the sdcard? I’m asking because I must have done something wrong here.

When I boot it for the first time all I get is a command line prompt.

I ran the setup and chose option 1 which took awhile but then none of the emulators would work due to a libretro.so not found error.

So, I’m asking, what is the proper process to hit the ground running quickly on this thing?

Profile photo of herbfargus
    herbfargus

If it didn’t boot into emulation station, something must have gone wrong. Make sure you chose the right SD image for your raspberry pi-

raspberry pi 1= A, A+, B, B+.

Raspberry pi 2= Raspberry pi 2 model B.

If you’ve installed it correctly it should boot right into emulationstation.

Profile photo of prototypeshogun
    prototypeshogun
    Participant

This reply was so beautifully descriptive. I had thought from quick google searches that I owned a revision 2. Bam! Issue resolved. Works like a charm now.

Profile photo of herbfargus
    herbfargus

Glad it worked! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar