Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All,

I am struggling to work out how to get PS1 roms working. My collection of roms are in .7z files. I then unzip them and there is usually lots of tracks. Usually the have 20 odd (i presume music) files and a .cue file

the wierd thing is track (01) is itself a .7z file an when I unzip that I get another type of .bin file.

ALl a bit confusing. Is it common for PSX roms to come as a single .iso file? That would make my life easier at the moment. Trying to get my PiStation off the ground in light of it being the 20yr anniversary of the PSX today!!

Cheers Guys

Floob

This may help out

bobchiba
    Participant

Thanks Floob,

I actually found a straight forward way around it all. I sourced my roms in PSP>PSX format (.PBP). All I have to do is unzip the file and change the name from EBOOT to the game title :)

Another thing – I have used your video manager which worked great for my SNES project (thank you) it does seem a little bit dark on my PSX project. Have you found this, or is it just my room/TV. Apart from that its working great.

Are there any other tweaks for PSX emulation only that are worth considering? So far I have:

Overclocked to Pi2 setting
    used your video manager to run overlays @ 1080p
    set video_threaded = true
    256 memory split

Cheers

Floob

Can you show your file
    /opt/retropie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg ?
    Maybe there is a shader involved?

If not it would be a case of choosing a different overlay possibly.

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=107071]Hi All,

I am struggling to work out how to get PS1 roms working. My collection of roms are in .7z files. I then unzip them and there is usually lots of tracks. Usually the have 20 odd (i presume music) files and a .cue file

the wierd thing is track (01) is itself a .7z file an when I unzip that I get another type of .bin file.

ALl a bit confusing. Is it common for PSX roms to come as a single .iso file? That would make my life easier at the moment. Trying to get my PiStation off the ground in light of it being the 20yr anniversary of the PSX today!!

Cheers Guys

[/quote]

I frequently have this problem, I try alternative websites but sometimes have to concede defeat. Perhaps burning it to a disc then ripping it as one .iso would work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.