Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone –

Got my psx emulator running now, but the graphics are really bad… trying to figure out if this is normal for the retropie or if there is something I can do settings wise to help fix it and get some decent stuff.

gizmo98
    Participant

You can enable bilinear filtering (video_smooth = true) or shaders.

johnes
    Participant

I updated /etc/retroarch.cfg to make video_smooth = true, but that seemed to have no effect.

gizmo98
    Participant

Change /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg or /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg.

johnes
    Participant

Thanks… The psx specific one was empty, so I updated /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Still, no noticeable effect.

johnes
    Participant

Gonna try to get a screenshot posted… For example, words on the screen are super garbled. Readable, but garbled.

johnes
    Participant

screenshot attached…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem, have you figured it out?

lunarkingdom
    Participant

PlayStation games were rendered in a 4:3 ratio at 320×240 resolution.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=26980]PlayStation games were rendered in a 4:3 ratio at 320×240 resolution.[/quote]

So, What are we doing wrong?

My NES, SNES, Genesis are running well.

lunarkingdom
    Participant

I dont believe you are doing anything wrong as 320×240 resolution looks like crap on your 1080×720 screen, I felt the same way when I booted it up so I googled the resolution thinking it would have been 640×480 but it is only half that so that is why it looks like it does.

lunarkingdom
    Participant

The picture resolution for the NES is 256 x 240 so they should look crappier LOL if not might have to do with scaling to a larger screen?

emexrulsier
    Participant

If anyone is still having issues with this, like already mentioned I recommend bilinear filtering and setting the aspect ratio and resolution in the retroarch.cfg file. I am still tinkering with the PSX for me shaders are all rubbish, would love high res textures but doubt the pi can handle it

I play FF VII and someone one redid all the textures and models in the PC version and really does make the PSX version look like a Vic20 edition :D

FF7

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.