Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After extracting many of my PSX 7z files, the games have multiple .bin files along with one .cue file. Is there a way to merge the files?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No need, load the .cue.
    Multiple bins are for multiple tracks e.g. audio.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Ok, but do I still have to bring all the bins for one game into the rom folder? If I don’t, won’t the game be missing those audio tracks? Plus with all those bin files they would show up in the psx menu wouldn’t they?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

All my .img and .bin / multi-.bins have a corresponding .cue file in the roms/psx folder then I’ve changed the PSX EXTENSION line in /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg:

DESCNAME=Sony Playstation 1
    NAME=psx
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psx
    #EXTENSION=.img .IMG .7z .7Z .pbp .PBP .bin .BIN
    EXTENSION=.cue .CUE

It’s better to dump them in a multitrack .img though with a .cue from the PSX CD rather than a multi-.bin as some games may not work correctly in the emulator.

RetroMarine
    Participant

So some of my psx roms are just one .bin and have no .cue file, so if I change the extension to .cue in es_systems.cfg, then those single bin roms won’t show up. Can I make my own cue files? Eg. copy another cue file and just rename it to correspond with a bin rom?

RetroMarine
    Participant

Nevermind I’m stupid…I just changed the .bin to .cue and it worked fine…it just took a little longer for emulationstation to load the rom as a cue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Difficult to make a proper corresponding .CUE from just a .BIN.
    .CUE’s should look like the following for example:

FILE "Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped (SCES-01420).bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
      REM LEAD-OUT 32:34:12

which instruct the software as to the layout of the disc image, number of tracks, where the tracks live, how long they are, how to read it.

OogaBooga

Well, multi-track CUE/BINs don’t work in ePSXe so the original question still needs an answer; how to (easily and correctly) convert them to single file .iso. I can mount the image and rip it as an .iso – but this doesn’t result in a 100% image.

nike air prestige ii high sklep,mercurial nike vapor 8

I used to have a website on this subject, but it got spammed to death. You seem to be better at fighting off the spammers than I did! Well done!
    nike air prestige ii high sklep,mercurial nike vapor 8
    [blockquote]BBCode you used is not allowed.[/blockquote]

Chrome

well, you could always mount the .cue file, then use Imgburn to re-rip it into a single set of cue/bin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.