Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

First…. THX 4 Retropie! :D

all works fine .. but psx games crashed after a few seconds…
    with the words:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 252: 2664 segmentation fault […]

can any1 help me?

lolerzz
    Participant

Are you using custom BIOS or you didn’t added any to the emulator?

undreamed
    Participant

i use the scph7003 BIOS and dont modify anything on the emulator…

my test game is Final Fantasy VII

fistwielder
    Participant

I’m also trying to run Final Fantasy VII but it crashes a few seconds in. I’ve tried SCPH1001.BIN and SCPH7502.BIN BIOS files. Does anyone know how to get around this?

ironironiron
    Participant

I’ve been facing the same problem with the new v2.4 beta.

I’ve confirmed that it doesn’t seg fault in the previous version of RetroPie with the same games. I assume this is potentially to do with the upgraded version of PCSX reloaded in v2.4 or some other change.

undreamed
    Participant

any chance to downgrade PSCX?

undreamed
    Participant

or, have any1 other ideas?

fistwielder
    Participant

I’m still searching for a fix for this as well.

fistwielder
    Participant

Has anyone found a way to get PSX games running on image version 2.4? Does anyone know which BIOS version works best with retropie?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m getting the same segmentation error running v2.4 and Legend of the Dragoon game.

undreamed
    Participant

can no one help us?

fistwielder
    Participant

I was told in another post that Crash Bandicoot works. I tried it and it worked for me.
    If the issue is simply that the emulator only supports a small subset of ROMS, does anyone happen to have a list of the ones that work?

herbfargus

I had the same issue with 2.4. Even with the right bios the games kept crashing. I had to go back to 2.3 and they worked fine. Its an unfortunate glaring bug in 2.4 beta right now.

fistwielder
    Participant

herbfargus,
    I had the same experience. I actually have 2 raspberry pies, one setup with the 2.3 image and one with the latest 2.4.2 beta image. They have the same boot/config.txt settings.
    PSX ROMs that don’t crash on my 2.3 imaged one crash on my 2.4.2 imaged one.

I recently reloaded each with their respective images, only to get the same result.
    I’ve done some limited troubleshooting, but haven’t identified a possible cause due to time constraints and unfamiliarity. I haven’t even looked into whether or not there exists some variance between the PSX emulators included with the different image versions.

Because I was able to reproduce it, I speculated that it may be a bug and logged it as such. The bug I logged was closed without resolution though, possibly because in my haste I failed to describe it technically or include my detailed steps to reproduce it.

I’m also new to this project and forum and don’t want to get in the way too much, so for now I’m just going to retain my 2 installations and resume using my 2.3 imaged one for PSX emulation.

Perhaps if more users run into this issue it will increase in awareness and priority. I’m not sure how common PSX emulation even is on retropie and I realize it may take some time for this to gain focus.
    PSX emulation greatly suffers due to the Raspberry Pie’s hardware constraints anyway.

fistwielder
    Participant

This is the only mention of the issue in the wiki, however my ROMs aren’t compressed:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Why-do-I-get-a-segmentation-fault-when-running-a-PSX-game%3F

petrockblog
    Keymaster

your ticket was closed as you asked a question on the forum, then opened a ticket, without replying to the forum reply – there are differences between the emulators of course – as the 2.4 one is newer – it’s possible some emulator updates reduced compatibility, but please provide detailed info (such as what specific games etc)

gizmo98
    Participant

Metal Gear Solid worked with 2.3 and crashes at startup with 2.4.1.
    Gran Turismo worked with 2.3 and crashes if you select and start a course with 2.4.1.

I have not build release21. Retropie 2.4.2 should contain release20, because release21 was merged on Sunday.
    https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/commits/master

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I meant compatibility not performance. tired brain. I will update the binaries as soon as I get a free moment and we can test the latest version.

gizmo98
    Participant

Ok. Both games are running fine with the latest version.

undreamed
    Participant

ok i hear psx are fixed… How should I update? Binary or source?

btw. THX for the Fix!

gizmo98
    Participant

Source based.

herbfargus

I must apologise as I am new to the whole raspberry pi/ Linux/ retropie thing.

Just for more information on the psx games I’ve been working with, on the 2.3 image rayman, harry potter and the chamber of secrets and philosophers stone all worked but all crashed on 2.42 image.

I understand that the most recent updates may have fixed some issues including the games I have.

Could anyone lead me in the right direction on how to update those binaries so I can test to see if those games now work?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can update just this emulator by updating your retropie_setup, and then going to option 5 “Install individual emulators from binary or source”, scrolling down to psxlibretro choosing it, and then choosing “binary” (I have updated the binary for it now). You can use this to individually update an emulator at any time (if there is a newer binary available), or build from source to build the very latest version.

herbfargus

Beautiful. I did what you said and it worked perfectly. Now all my games are working again.

Just as a reference for others, to document what I did:

CD RetroPie-Setup
    Sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    Update setup script
    Reboot
    Option 5
    Psxlibretro
    Binary
    Reboot

keyakoo
    Participant

Is it possible to do this update offline? Don’t wanna spend money on a wifi adapter if it’s just for this one use ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.