PS3 Controller Bluetooth doesn't recognize after reboot

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project PS3 Controller Bluetooth doesn't recognize after reboot

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gizmo98 gizmo98 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gnurip
    gnurip
    Participant

I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-a-PS3-controller

It works, I can play games in the emulator via Bluetooth. But when the Pi is rebooted the PS3 Controller won’t connect to the pi anymore. I need to run sixpair again everytime.

That’s not how it’s supposed to be, or is it?

Profile photo of gizmo98
    gizmo98
    Participant

Please test something for me:

RPi2 / Bluetooth / PS3 endless issues!

Profile photo of gnurip
    gnurip
    Participant

Thanks, that works just fine now! 🙂

The only issue now is, when EmulationStation starts and the controller is not yet connected, EmulationStation starts with the Welcome No Gamepads Detected message. Then I start the controller and I need to set up the ES Controls again. Is it possible to just read the config from last time as soon as ES detects the controller?

Profile photo of gizmo98
    gizmo98
    Participant

Ohh this issue…
    Please setup your keyboard as an input (setup ES Controls) and try again.

Profile photo of tmeader
    tmeader
    Participant

Ohh this issue…
    Please setup your keyboard as an input (setup ES Controls) and try again.

Is that only necessary once, and then the keyboard can be unplugged? I want to run it completely keyboardless (just power and network connection, sitting behind the TV), so unfortunately that isn’t really a solution if it requires a KB constantly plugged in.

Thanks.

Profile photo of gizmo98
    gizmo98
    Participant

Try it out. I have no dialog after doing it once. Keyboard can be removed then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar