Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello All,
    Hope you had a nice Xmas!

Firstly – the is my first post! I am somewhat of a newb! I got a B+ for Xmas unexpetidely and retropie was my first goal! I have read through various forums and done as much as I can without having to post. I really struggled with the PS3 controllers and whilst there were lots of different guides all over – IMHO – there just wasn’t one which went through all aspects including the issues I have below.

I have successfully installed my BT dongle and got one controller working with retropie. I used the built in retropie setup script to install this one controller.

Issues:
    1. The one controller I have installed, has all 4 lights flashing still, like it hasn’t been allocated to player one, yet it works just fine. Is there a fix for this?

2. How do I install a second controller and allocate this to player two?

3. Each time I start my Pi up emulationstation requires me to configure the buttons for the PS3 controller. I had read the forums and found that I wasn’t alone, but didn’t really understand how to fix (sorry).

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update –
    It looks like the blinking light and none rumbling I am experiencing is detailed here:
    http://mypiandi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/retropie-sixaxis-over-bluetooth.html?m=1

Anyone know if I can pair up the second controller following the steps I used to pair the first controller (using the setup script)? As using sudo ./sixpair doesn’t work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bump – anyone? Also having trouble getting emulationstation to remember the controller settings/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All,
    Just an update. I have got x2 controllers working(ish), but both sets of lights remaining blinking throughout use.

Have found the most difficult part of this, is that most of the guides, whilst very helpful, are missing some of the newer file locations since the major update (https://www.petrockblock.com/2014/07/01/major-update-for-retropie/). Make no mistake I admit a major part in this, is my lack of knowledge.

The issues I need help with are now:
    1. Blinking lights on both controllers., makes it difficult to know which pad is assigned to which JS number / player.

2. It appears one controller works “ok”, no joystick use on the pad, but the d-pad works fine. The second controller has buttons missing that dont seem to work. Followed this guide [url]https://dhoium3009.wordpress.com/raspberry-pi-connecting-multiple-ps3-controllers-via-bluetooth/[/url] as best as I could, some steps I had to skip due to not knowing a work around. I have attached my cfg file from /opt/retropie/configs/all

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.