Problem with DukeNukem 3D and SEGA 32x

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Problem with DukeNukem 3D and SEGA 32x

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of haris1977 haris1977 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of haris1977
    haris1977
    Participant

1) I put a ROM into the /sega32x folder and it shows up, but when clicking the ROM, it looks like it’s about to run, then it goes back to emulation station. Is this a known bug? (my files extension is *.32x). I even tried different settings in the config menu but without success.

2) While i can use my gamepad’s arrow keys in Duke Nukem, i cannot use my buttons. Any ideas? (torid wireless gamepad grabbed as an XBOXcontroller by the system..). I remember that in previous retropie’s version, i didn’t have any problem with the game..

Profile photo of dankcushions
    dankcushions
    Participant

with 1), if you try again, have a look in /tmp/runcommand.log and paste the contents here? that file logs the last error, which is useful for when things just don’t start!

not sure about 2)

Profile photo of darktrooper
    darktrooper
    Participant

Which ROM?… I have found a ROM or two that cause problems. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but does the 32X need any BIOS files?

haris1977
    Participant

All of my roms. I also have the bios file (according to this https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/BIOS-setup-for-RetroPie)

Edit: Here is my /tmp/runcommand.log file

rc: /opt/retropie/configs/all/dgenrc: No such file or directory
    video: 640×461, 16 bpp (2 Bpp), 60Hz
    sound: 44100Hz, 2048 samples, buffer: 31712 bytes
    joystick: 1 joystick(s) found
    joystick #0:, 6 axes, 11 button(s), 1 hat(s), name: “Microsoft X-Box 360 pad”

Profile photo of micah1880
    micah1880
    Participant

I had this issue with 32x.

I had downloaded a rom set and all the rom file names contained a #

I removed the hash from the rom file name and they loaded.

It’s worth checking.

haris1977
    Participant

rc: /opt/retropie/configs/all/dgenrc: No such file or directory

So i guess this must be the problem. How do i create it? What kind of file is it? cfg?

micah1880 i removed the # but still same problem..

Profile photo of Floob
    Floob

@haris1977
    When you start your 32x game you can press x to change emulator to “lr-picodrive”.
    This is the default emulator, so I guess you changed it.

To fix the error you are getting with dgen, try editing this file
    /opt/retropie/configs/sega32x/emulators.cfg

in that you can change
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/dgenrc
    to
    /opt/retropie/configs/sega32x/dgenrc

then create the file in there with
    cp /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/dgenrc /opt/retropie/configs/sega32x/dgenrc

RetroPie help guides --> https://goo.gl/Yfy8kj
    Please read this before asking for help --> http://goo.gl/eLErnl

Profile photo of petrockblog
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

The bug has now been fixed in retropie if you reinstall dgen, but I wouldn’t recommend this emulator really over picodrive – as it isn’t retroarch based so may need manual configuration for controls etc (Unless you need it due to a picodrive compatibility issue)

haris1977
    Participant

Oh Thanks! it worked.. The only problem is that lr-picodrive is VERY DEMANDING i suppose (have sound glitches and low speed) even if i have a medium overclock in my rpi1. Does it need more pwer to run or is it a known core stability bug?

Profile photo of herbfargus
    herbfargus

Lack of processing power. It performs better with a rpi2

haris1977
    Participant

Any thoughts about my second problem? (IN DukeNukem 3D while i can use my d-pad i cannot use my buttons)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar