Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Im thinking about making a splash vídeo once I finish the theme with herbfargus. Ive got dome ideas but the length is what is worrying me. I read the wiki and it says that 5-10 secs is the better option for a rp2,but in my experience it could be longer, depending on the setup and number of systrms. What length worls for you?

herbfargus

It really depends on the amount of games people have and the way emulationstation caches and loads everything the first time it boots. For large amounts of games, it can take 30-40 seconds, maybe more, for a decent amount, perhaps 20-30. You could always go with a happy medium of 20-30. Personally I don’t care too much as I typically leave my pi on, so its rare I boot it up. But when I do, I don’t mind admiring my boot video while it boots.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Off topic but I did see an earlier post of the theme you’re working on, excited to see how it turns out, hopefully you’re adding all systems, my splashvid is 14 seconds, I feel like it should be longer, I have lots of games I didn’t know it effects the load time

deadlyaphex
    Participant

New user here so forgive my ignorance if this has already been answered, I couldn’t find it. Can a repeating seemless gif be used as splashscreen?

herbfargus

If you convert it to an mp4 sure. I don’t think animated gifs are supported with omxplayer, and definitely aren’t with fbi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.