Power switch problem with ControlBlock

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. Power switch problem with ControlBlock

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  petrockblog 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

fourfun
    Participant

When I use the power button the Raspberry Pi powers down just fine. But only once unless I disconnect the power. When it powers down the led stays on and it refuses to power back on unless I disconnect the disconnect the power and reconnect it. Then I can use the switch to power it back up again. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 and a 2 amp power supply. I have the latest Controlblock 2 software from github.

Any ideas?

This content is blocked. Accept cookies to view the content.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Maybe you can post an image of your hardware setup? That might give me a chance to make an educated guess for the reasons of this behavior …

fourfun
    Participant

Is this enough?

Attachments:

LiquidFlame
    Participant

What size spacers/risers/whatever their called are you using in the picture for the mounting holes with the ControlBlock and RaspberryPi?

fourfun
    Participant

11mm

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Some thoughts:

– Does it behave the same when no other USB device is connected?
    – Does the installation of the ControlBlock driver run through with any errors?
    – Which OS are you using so that I could test it out on my site?
    – Which driver are you using? The ones for ControlBlock rev. 1.x or 2.x?
    – Are you using a toggle or a momentary switch? The ControlBlock needs a toggle switch.

Maybe we can make a step forward with these thoughts …

fourfun
    Participant

– Does it behave the same when no other USB device is connected?
    Yes. I have tried it with everything removed.

– Does the installation of the ControlBlock driver run through with any errors?
    No errors

– Which OS are you using so that I could test it out on my site?
    Raspian Jesse 4.1

– Which driver are you using? The ones for ControlBlock rev. 1.x or 2.x?
    I have tried both. Currently 2.x (clean reimage in between).

– Are you using a toggle or a momentary switch? The ControlBlock needs a toggle switch.
    I am using a push toggle switch – not a momentary.

fourfun
    Participant

I just reloaded from scratch and compiled. It works now. Thanks for the help.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that! Have fun!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

We use cookies to personalise site content, social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of this site with our advertising and social media partners.