Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I am having trouble configuring my SNES controllers through the GPIO with dgen/dgenrc.  Everything works in the SNES emulator, but I can’t seem to figure out the joy controls for dgenrc (no buttons work).

If anyone can point me in the right direction or post their working dgenrc file (with the SNES/GPIO setup) dgenrc config that would be amazing!

I love everything that has been done here with this project/community!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The official documentation for dgen can be found here.

The RetroPie Setup Script generates this dgenrc as default (in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/) with these lines:

ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_a" "joystick0-button0" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_b" "joystick0-button1" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_c" "joystick0-button2" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_x" "joystick0-button3" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_y" "joystick0-button4" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_z" "joystick0-button5" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_mode" "joystick0-button6" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad1_start" "joystick0-button7" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc

ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_a" "joystick1-button0" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_b" "joystick1-button1" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_c" "joystick1-button2" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_x" "joystick1-button3" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_y" "joystick1-button4" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_z" "joystick1-button5" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_mode" "joystick1-button6" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc
        ensureKeyValue "joy_pad2_start" "joystick1-button7" $rootdir/configs/all/dgenrc

psymondk
    Participant

I’ve been messing with this problem all day.

I’m not using a SNES controller, but a cheap Twin USB controller (this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006AAM55W/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1)

It works flawlessly in emulationstation and in SNES games, my retroarch.cfg file got this input:

input_player1_joypad_index = “0”
    input_player1_b_btn = “2”
    input_player1_y_btn = “3”
    input_player1_select_btn = “8”
    input_player1_start_btn = “9”
    input_player1_up_axis = “-3”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+3”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-2”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+2”
    input_player1_a_btn = “1”
    input_player1_x_btn = “0”
    input_player1_l_btn = “4”
    input_player1_r_btn = “5”
    input_player1_l2_btn = “6”
    input_player1_r2_btn = “7”

input_player2_joypad_index = “1”
    input_player2_b_btn = “2”
    input_player2_y_btn = “3”
    input_player2_select_btn = “8”
    input_player2_start_btn = “9”
    input_player2_up_axis = “-3”
    input_player2_down_axis = “+3”
    input_player2_left_axis = “-2”
    input_player2_right_axis = “+2”
    input_player2_a_btn = “1”
    input_player2_x_btn = “0”
    input_player2_l_btn = “4”
    input_player2_r_btn = “5”
    input_player2_l2_btn = “6”
    input_player2_r2_btn = “7”

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”

and both controllers works.

But in megadrive and master system nothing works :(

i’ve tried figureing out how to get it to work, but nothing i try makes it work as inteded. My R2 button works as start, and it seems that my a, b and x works like the same button.
    Even with the keyboard stuff turned off with # the keyboard arrows works fine, but the gamepads d-pad don’t work at all.

This is my current dgenrc joypad conf part.

joy_pad1_up = joistick0-axis-3-min
    joy_pad1_down = joistick0-axis-3-max
    joy_pad1_left = joistick0-axis-2-min
    joy_pad1_right = joistick0-axis-2-max
    joy_pad1_a = joistick0-button2
    joy_pad1_b = joistick0-button3
    joy_pad1_c = joistick0-button1
    joy_pad1_x = joistick0-button0
    joy_pad1_y = joistick0-button6
    joy_pad1_z = joistick0-button7
    joy_pad1_mode = joistick0-button8
    joy_pad1_start = joistick0-button9

I tried to do input assign through the graphical setup in emulationstation, but when trying to save the file, all i get is
    “Script error” [A]

any help is greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
    Inactive

“I tried to do input assign through the graphical setup in emulationstation, but when trying to save the file, all i get is
    “Script error” [A]”

I’m having the same problem. Using SNES controller through SNES to USB adapter

SNES and Nes work great. Sega, nothing

maarekstele
    Participant

I am having similar issue. I’m using usb adapter for 2 original SNES controllers.. When I run the controller setup for gen and retroarch in emulationstation I get a script error too.

dale2600
    Participant

I was able to get A, B and C to work properly by editing the retroarch.cfg file in the MegaDrive folder but would really, reeeeally like to get X, Y and Z working too. Can anyone explain how to make DGen use the dgenrc file rather than the retroarch.cfg file? I’m only assuming that it will work because the “example” dgenrc file references the X, Y, Z and mode buttons.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now that picodrive has replaced dgen as the default megadrive emulator, I don’t see any reason to use dgen. I was never able to get my controllers working with dgen, but picodrive uses your retroarch settings. then, if you want to do a custom mapping for megadrive (to use xyz) you just edit the retroarch.cfg file located in /home/pi/RetroPie/Configs/MegaDrive

you may already know all this but it might be helpful for others:
    Look at the retroarch.cfg file in the Configs/All directory and copy your settings to the clipboard. then edit the retroarch.cfg file in Configs/MegaDrive (which is blank). copy your controller settings into it. Now you can edit your button assignments. Anything in this retroarch.cfg file that’s different from the one in configs/all will override the settings for that particular emulator.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.