Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i have rpi2 tryin to play tekken the gameplay is very sluggish and noticeably less than full speed. Ive seen alot of vids online with games running perfectly. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is your Pi overclocked to the pi2 setting?

smoothmalik
    Participant

its a pi2 already

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm perhaps it does then but I wasn’t sure that “out of the box” the Pi2 was set to the raspi-config overclock “pi2” setting. I thought it was lower so I always ‘overclock’ it to that setting.

Anyway, RetroPie 2.6 out of the box plays Tekken 1/2/3 for me. I literally configured a brand new Pi yesterday and started playing Tekken 3 with RetroPie 2.6 and all I did was set the overclock setting to that. I worked perfectly with 2 xbox controllers. The only thing I can think of is that setting :( Sorry.

In case I am right you can:

sudo raspi-config

Go to overclock and set ‘Pi2’. You can check whether the stock settings are set to what this does by checking sudo nano /boot/config.txt .

smoothmalik
    Participant

I overclocked it to the pi2 settings and now gameplay is faster but i wouldnt say 100 percent more like 80 percent.

smoothmalik
    Participant

issue resolved it was the power chain….I had and on/off usb switch connected to the power supply guess the rpi2 didnt like it and wasnt giving it the full power. I removed it and tekken is playing at full speed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.