piFBA + PS3 controller + D-PAD

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of oleguer oleguer 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of barbudreadmon
    barbudreadmon
    Participant

Hello everyone !

Any idea on how to replace axis with d-pad on a ps3 controller with pifba ?
    I’m pretty sure it is possible since they said something about d-pad (hat) support for joystick in last changelog.
    I found some topic talking about changing axis to 4/5 instead of 0/1 and disabling axis at startup for xboxdrv but it didn’t help (i managed to do the same by editing my sixad profile).

pifba changelog :
    October 02, 2013:
    Added DPAD (HAT) controls support for joysticks.

Sorry for my bad english.

Profile photo of windjammersfan
    windjammersfan
    Participant

I know this is a very old thread but I’m having similar issues with FBA and a Dualshock 4.

From what I can gather the changelog notes below mean that the d-pad should always work with PiFBA. This is seperate from the joystick axis setup in the fba2x.cfg file.

Is it possible to simply disable the JA_LR and JA_UD axis variables in the fba2x.cfg file? I’ve tried commenting them out but it seems if they aren’t there it defaults to 0/1.

Profile photo of poisonidea
    poisonidea
    Participant

i used this and it works perfectly

https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/pifba

windjammersfan
    Participant

Sorry if I’m being a little dense, but would any part of that also apply to the DS4 pad?

I assume you’re referring to the section that reads “You can now configure d-pad per button (in case sdl does not detect the hat on the controller) so it adds the ps3 d-pad control on all games” but unfortunately my issue is a little different to this. The hat is detected fine, but it’s input is interfered with input from analogue sticks that also register input.

windjammersfan
    Participant

Switching back to the PS3 pad I’m also having trouble getting the dpad working but can’t see where the problem is. My config file is this: link. Why won’t the dpad work?

Profile photo of oleguer
    oleguer
    Participant

you finally got it?? barbudreadmon or windjammersfan?? I try to configure controls of pifba with analog & d-pad now but I cant do this!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar