Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

in the latest version of PiFBA on sourceforge, it says:

March 2013:

DPAD/HAT support fixed.
    Added 4 player joystick support.
    Screen rotation option for vertical games.

(i think it’s supposed to be march 2014 but yeah)

how do i get 4 player mode to work? i manually edited fba2x.cfg to add a third joystick configuration (A_3=0, etc), but that doesn’t seem to have worked. is there something else i need to do?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

we don’t have those changes in our version currently – I need to update our mirror.

dankcushions
    Participant

cheers! ah right, i presume when i rebuild emulators from binaries/source, it just pulls whatever version you have in the mirrors, rather than the actual latest version.

could you let me know in this thread when it’s updated and i’ll give it another shot? thanks :)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Originally we pulled from the repository by the person who ported it to the rpi – but then his repository was missing some fixes that were needed, so I forked it and fixed up our copy. Since then he has moved his repository and made a few additional changes, so we need to either switch and test, or just pull those changes back into our version.

dankcushions
    Participant

happy to be the guinea pig! I’m guessing the files on sourceforge are complete as they seem to be getting 100 downloads a week, but perhaps I could test?

I guess if i remove the existing pifba directory in /opt and the install the binary (never done this before so if anyone has the right command!) that should give me a clean install.

dankcushions
    Participant

[quote=99863]happy to be the guinea pig! I’m guessing the files on sourceforge are complete as they seem to be getting 100 downloads a week, but perhaps I could test?

I guess if i remove the existing pifba directory in /opt and the install the binary (never done this before so if anyone has the right command!) that should give me a clean install.

[/quote]

just to update – i’ve done this and it all worked. i can now play 4 player FBA games :) I deleted existing opt/retropie/emulators/pifba directory, so i can confirm that the latest version is complete.

for anyone else wanting to do the same before the retropie repository is updated, follow these steps:

1) download the zip @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/pifba/

2) unzip to /opt/retropie/emulators/pifba (you may want to back up your existing fba2x.cfg file first, as this will overwrite your controller settings)

3) give the two executables the correct permissions:

sudo chmod 755 fba2x
    sudo chmod 755 fbacapex

4) restore your old fba2x.cfg, if you backed up via
    sudo cp [backup file name] fba2x.cfg

5) if you did 4, edit fba2x.cfg to add the 3rd and 4th controllers with
    sudo nano fba2x.cfg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.