Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

my name is Martin and I am resident in the Alpine region of Austria, you know, the sound of music an all that :o)

A few years ago I built a bartop arcade machine based on Xubuntu and using Wahcade as MAME frontend. The controls run through an IPAC Minipac and works great. At that time however I had to use PC components which makes the cabinet very heavy.

I have just ordered a Pi2 and plan to convert my bartop machine to PI during the coming weeks. In order to prepare I have a few questions:

– anyone have any experience with the IPAC Minipac and retropie?
    – what is the current MAME ROM version which is required with retropie? is it still 0.37b5?
    – anyone know if it is possible to wire in a simple ON switch into the pi2? If you check out this boot video of my current setup you will see it just requires a push of the button on the side to start and boot.

thanks in advance for yur help!

Regards
    Martin

killer101
    Participant

Mame is still 037b5, but you can use the FBA libretro core (runs fullspeed now) to emulate the majority of the arcade games. I have about 630 games with FBA (plus NeoGeo) and 170 with Mame. I prefer FBA so I put everything to FBA and only the unknown ones by FBA to Mame.

Floob

Some MAME romset version info here:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm why hasn’t there been an update to a MAME emulator for RPi2 yet? RetroArch has 2-3 MAME cores current (MAME_Libretro, MAME2010_libretro and MAME2014_Libretro). Surely RPi2 could run recent versions of MAME if it can run PSX games?

englischdude
    Participant

[quote=89713]Hmm why hasn’t there been an update to a MAME emulator for RPi2 yet? RetroArch has 2-3 MAME cores current (MAME_Libretro, MAME2010_libretro and MAME2014_Libretro). Surely RPi2 could run recent versions of MAME if it can run PSX games?[/quote]

i was also thinking this. the version 0.35 rom is really very old now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.