Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

First of all I want to thank the developpers for this very cool project.
    I want to overclock my Raspberry Pi 2 from the raspi-config menu but I want to know if I need heatsinks before I overclock (ordered them but it will take some time to arrive).
    And is the overclock preset Pi2 1000mhz the preset I have to chose for the best performance?
    I also would like to know what CPU/GPU Split settings are the best for the Raspberry Pi 2.
    Thanks for all the replies.

Omnija
    Participant

No you don’t need a heat sink, and i don’t think default it’s the best option. Since overclocking the core to 500 causes freezing and instability. Cpu/GPU should be fine as is, but if you would like to bump it up to 320 that’s fine too.
    Check this out before overclocking.
    http://linuxonflash.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/a-look-at-raspberry-pi-2-performance.html

If you are worried about overheating make sure it’s not in an enclosed case. If you would like an example of a lego case with air flow let me know.

zmokkie
    Participant

Thanks for your answer. But you think overclocking is nescessary to run n64 and psx games?

Omnija
    Participant

overclocking or not n64 isn’t optimized well for the rpi2. Overclocking for the psx i did see improved smoothness with high effect games such as twisted metal splitscreen and others.

zmokkie
    Participant

And may I ask you what overclock settings/values you are using?

Omnija
    Participant

gpu_mem_1024=320

# customized rpi2 configurations
    # overheating protection
    temp_limit=75

# disable boot up rainbow splash
    disable_splash=1

# overclocking rpi2 settings
    arm_freq=1000
    core_freq=467
    sdram_freq=467

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.