Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was having trouble launching SMS roms with default ES SMS emulator.

changed default to osmose.

roms now launch, but i get no controller functionality (PS3 Dual Shock via bluetooth)

Looking at es_systems.cfg and from my reading:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=23550
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Master-System

it seems that this portion:

<system>
    <name>mastersystem</name>
    <fullname>Sega Master System</fullname>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mastersystem</path>
    <extension>.sms .bin .zip .SMS .BIN .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ mastersystem %ROM%</command>
    <platform>mastersystem</platform>
    <theme>mastersystem</theme>
    </system>

seems incorrect. I took a look at runcommand.sh but it was massively confusing.

Do i have to manually update <command> to run SMS roms using osmose?

I looked at /opt/retropie/configs/all/emulators.cfg. i can see where i have modified some n64 stuff. Should there be an entry here for mastersystem?

Beginning to run out of ideas here. Please help! Thanks in advance!

HoustoneD
    Participant

in es_systems.cfg, I changed:

<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ mastersystem %ROM%</command>

To:

<command>/opt/retropie/emulators/osmose/osmose -joy -joy1 2 -joy2 4 -joystart 11 filename.gg 0 _SYS_ mastersystem %ROM%</command>

I cannot test yet since i am not at home, but i feel like from what i have learned so far, this should have me configure my input when i launch a ROM. Not a permanent solution, but could possibly lead me closer to the promise land.

Please give feedback on this.

HoustoneD
    Participant

I finally got a chance to try this out.

It didn’t work. What i ended up trying was running this from the terminal:

pi@retropie ~ $ /opt/retropie/emulators/osmose/osmose -joy -joy1 2 -joy2 4 -joystart 11 filename.gg

This was the output:

OsmOse 0.8.1+rpi20121122 build on Oct 4 2015 at 20:27:34 Written by Bruno Vedder.
    Button 1 mapped to joystick button 2
    Button 2 mapped to joystick button 4
    Button Start mapped to joystick button 11
    Unable to open filename.gg zip archive.

After this, i ran an SMS ROM from ES. It loaded fine, and i actually had some functionality out of my PS3 controller. The left analogue thumbstick took place of the D-Pad, and the right analogue thumbstick “click” took place of one of the two SMS controller buttons. I am not sure which one. Either way,the command successfully created some sort of config file to use with my input device, so i consider this test somewhat successful. I guess now i need to track down the location this mapping is saved to.

Any help is still appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.