Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All

I’ve been trying to setup a genuine PS3 DualShock3 controller on my Pi and am failing miserably. for whatever I can simply not get the controller to pair up on RetroPie 2.6 or 3.0 Beta. I’ve followed various guides and used “RetroPie Setup” to install the driver, the Pi can see the controller over usb and is listed in jstest but as soon as the cable is unplugged the lights flash and eventually the controller turns off after a short time. What are the actual correct steps to get it to?

I’ll apologise now as I’m sure I’m not the first person to ask this but I’ve yet to find a post, page that actually provides a working solution. Should it be of use I’m using a CSR based Bluetooth adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Cheers

husar
    Participant

I have two PS3 duals setup to run wireless. This is the video I followed and it works great. This is the Bluetooth version but there is a wired video as well….

r6gyy
    Participant

CSR dongles should work according to http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Bluetooth_adapters

One thing that springs to mind from the instructions I followed is that you need to have both devices plugged in at the start of the process – bluetooth dongle AND PS3 controller.

Is there any other way you can test that the dongle itself is working?

Sorry if that doesn’t help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.