Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys I would like to setup Wiimotes to work with my RetroPie but for some reason my keyboards layout is screwed up and I cant do it through the Rpi is there anyway I could put the SD card into my laptop and write the necassary scripts to make it work? if so how?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can use FileZilla to connect to it and modify the files using that.

On your Raspberry Pi, press F4 to go to the console and type ifconfig (make sure you’re connected to via ethernet or have a WiFi dongle set up). Look for the 4 number address (192.168.0.101 or similiar)

In FileZilla:
    Host: sftp://the address
    Username: pi
    Password: raspberry
    Port: 22

Click Quickconnect and accept the pop-up thing

Find the file you want to re-write and drag it onto your desktop, modify it and drag it back and replace the older one.

I would also recommend you keep the retroarch.cfg file and company so you can just drag them back in if something goes south (which tends to happen a lot if you mess around in with the configuration a lot or don’t shut down properly).

Have fun! :)

rogueapache
    Participant

[quote=3984]You can use FileZilla to connect to it and modify the files using that.

On your Raspberry Pi, press F4 to go to the console and type ifconfig (make sure you’re connected to via ethernet or have a WiFi dongle set up). Look for the 4 number address (192.168.0.101 or similiar)

In FileZilla:<br>
    Host: sftp://the address<br>
    Username: pi<br>
    Password: raspberry<br>
    Port: 22

Click Quickconnect and accept the pop-up thing

Find the file you want to re-write and drag it onto your desktop, modify it and drag it back and replace the older one.

I would also recommend you keep the retroarch.cfg file and company so you can just drag them back in if something goes south (which tends to happen a lot if you mess around in with the configuration a lot or don’t shut down properly).

Have fun! :)
    [/quote]

Thanks!!! I will be trying this I will probably post a tutorial if I can get this to work :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.