No THeme? White Background ?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wrichards wrichards 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ranem123
    ranem123
    Participant

Hi Guys ! I installed Retropie on Raspbian succesfully ,but i cant get the normal Theme works !

How i can fix it ?
    Thanks

Attachments:
    ranem123
    Participant

anyone knows what to do ?

Profile photo of bobbyt
    bobbyt
    Participant

Is it just the background images that are white or do you have a blank white screen???

Profile photo of stereopi
    stereopi
    Participant

This happened to me too once..

Didn’t know the solution so I just started from scratch… Reformatted SD and burnt the image again.

Profile photo of sunjammer
    sunjammer
    Participant

Have you installed roms for many different systems? If so you may run into a memory problem. Just decrease the amount of roms and see if this helps.

Solution for this: Try the newest version of the Emulationstation theme:

Downloads

Within this theme the blurred background images were scaled down in size in order to fit more background images into the memory.

In case you have not installed any roms:
    It looks like a memory problem anyway. Try to increase your memory split to 128/128 for a 256Mbyte Raspi or 256/256 for a 512 Mbyte Raspi.

Profile photo of Keigan
    Keigan
    Participant

Did you alter any of the XML files in the themes folder? I know when I was working on my custom themes any time I made an edit to an XML that it didn’t like, this is how it would look.

Anything like missing images, or fonts, or folders, it would cause this to happen.

ranem123
    Participant

i fresh installed nothing modified or anything i also tried to reinstal the Theme but still looks like that ! I remove all Roms and load them from USB what is working fine ! Can you give me an screenshot how my theme folder need to look like ?
    I also increased the memory no difference !
    Thanks !

Profile photo of karloss
    karloss
    Participant

I had the same issue, you need to do what sunjammer said.

Download the latest version of the Simple theme, and copy it to you Pi using WinSCP to the /etc/emulationstation/themes folder, so /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple

reboot and it should then work 🙂

ranem123
    Participant

I updated the Retropie Binaries and it work !
    Thank you Guys !

Profile photo of wrichards
    wrichards
    Participant

yea this is the problem I have alot, I “break” the interface and I get white backgrounds. I know its a memory thing, I tryed changing to the 384 but that locked me out to white screen, I had to edit config back to 256… I look at the size of the “blurred” jpgs and thier HUGE. Ive been trying to get custom screens for each emulator but I break the intrerface. Im currently trying lower rez pics for blurred and other hoping I can get them in there withot breaking it.. ill post my results..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar