Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve VERY new to RetroPi and all this…but I’ve gotten everything to work so far. All the roms work(almost…still trying to get the MAME roms to work right). Retro USB NES controller works great. Now…When I try and customize each core in retroarch, there aren’t any cores in the directory to load. I want to adjust the screen size so it fills the whole TV…but nothing seems to work.

I tried.
    # FULLSCREEN RESOLUTION. RESOLUTION OF 0 USES THE
    RESOLUTION OF THE DESKTOP.
    # VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_X = 1630
    # VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_Y = 730

But that doesn’t work. When I run…any NES game it’s got the black bars on each side. I’m not looking for any overlays. I’m building a bar top arcade.

Thanks and sorry for being a total noob.

woundjuice
    Participant

im not sure if it will resolve your problem, but “#” is a line comment, so everything in that line should be ignored.

I am also new to RetroPi, but thats how comments normally work in a lot of different scripting languages. Try removing the “#” on the lines you added. Hope it works!

nosedeath
    Participant

Ahhhh CRAP! I knew that! I don’t remember if I took it out or not. I’ll have to check when I get home. Thanks duder.

nosedeath
    Participant

Didn’t work.

nosedeath
    Participant

Still can’t load cored from retroarch. There isn’t any to load in the directory.

nosedeath
    Participant

Bah I double posted this. Sorry about that. I couldn’t rememebr if I started a thread or not. Can someone deleted the other post I have?

But.

I still haven’t figured this out. So far all the games work and everything is running smoothly but I just can’t configure the cores through RetroArch.I want to adjust the screen size and overlays and what not but no cores show up? Anyone?

nosedeath
    Participant

Ok, I got this from the “http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Using_RetroArch”

“You can also set the libretro path using the RGUI. In Retroarch, go to Settings -> Path Options -> Core Directory and navigate to the appropriate folder. If you set everything up correctly, you should see the cores when you select the Core option in the RGUI.”

I tried all that but still no cores. I wonder if I have to start from scratch?

Floob

To start at your first post – have you tried using the runcommand to set the screen res on a per emulator basis?

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand

nosedeath
    Participant

Yes….I use that but it seemed like the way through RetroArch you could fine tune each emulator. Can I set up the buttons somewhere in there too?

Floob

You can use RGUI to configure each core.

nosedeath
    Participant

OHhh I think this is it! Only he talks to soft…what keys is he pressing to get to the RGUI menu in game?

Floob

Hold select and press X – thats the default anyway.

nosedeath
    Participant

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! BUT…after I save it. I doesn’t load the configuration I saved.

nosedeath
    Participant

Ok…Im sorry. I watched the whole video this time. Thank you for linking this.
    I have a bit of work ahead of me.

You rule Floob!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.