Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there everyone, My first post.

I’ve got stuck with a portable build (into the case of an original, faulty GameBoy).

I have both the Adafruit 2.8 and 3.5″ PiTfts, and I’ve followed instructions to download and configure their drivers on top of the RetroPie image. Not getting any joy!

I’ve used the latest retropie image, then followed the steps here https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-3-dot-5-touch-screen-for-raspberry-pi/detailed-install

This results in the following error:

Failed (code8).
    [FAIL] File system check failed. A log is being saved in /var/log/fsck/checkfs if that location is writable. Please repair the file system manually. … failed!
    [warn] a maintenance shell will now be started. CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and resule system boot. … (warning).
    sulogin: root account is locked, starting shell

I’ve tried a few other ways – but I feel I’m in a bit over my head – and I can’t get it running on my TFT screen.

Hoping someone here knows what I’m doing wrong. :-(

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Not sure if you are saying whether retropie initialy works or not ? if not – check image checksum with the one listed on the site – if it matches rewrite it – if not, then re-download (use the torrent).

if it does, then looks like you are getting some sdcard corruption after use or something.

stuartfox
    Participant

The retropie image boots and runs fine with an hdmi monitor attached. Trying to add the adafruit drivers causes the issue.

I’ve now tried starting out with Adafruits raspian image which does work with the screen then installing Retropie with the setup script. Not able to do it though:

git clone git://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie-Setup.git
    Cloning into ‘RetroPie-Setup’…
    fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
    github.com[0: 192.30.252.130]: errno=No route to host

Wifi is connected and working :-(

herbfargus
    stuartfox
    Participant

I’ve followed this on top of Adafruits Wheezy image (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-3-dot-5-touch-screen-for-raspberry-pi/easy-install )

After the restart when all steps were complete I lost use of USB keyboard so I SSH’d into the pi and tried to launch emulationstation.

Got these errors

Could not find <gameList> node in gamelist “/home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/wonderswan/gamelist.xml”!

Even though I had a couple of roms installed. Also couldn’t find the file location specified in the errors.

Sorry – I have the feeling these issues are pretty simple but I can’t get my head around it. I assumed it would be easier to get RetroPie working with one of the screens I have.

stuartfox
    Participant

OK – just to add – the errors above appear on the TFT screen, but when a monitor is connected as well via HDMI, Emulation Station runs as normal on this while the TFT screen continues to display the errors in text.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.