NES Roms showing twice "._roms"

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! NES Roms showing twice "._roms"

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of brainfrz brainfrz 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of czarroland
    czarroland
    Participant

I have been adding unzipped nes Roms to my pi2 (latest beta) and noticed that the rom always shows twice. Example; ._mario.nes & mario.nes. This is a pain for sorting and scrapping. Help?

Thanks!

Profile photo of czarroland
    czarroland
    Participant

A little more information. This is also happening with MAME roms. I am copying them over SCP from my machine to the Pi.

Profile photo of brainfrz
    brainfrz
    Participant

They are files created by your mac that contain information about the real file, like time machine information or icons. Much like the famous .DS-_Store files. Your mac (and raspberry pi) hide them by default because they start with a dot.

On linux these files don’t do anything, so you can safely remove them by browsing to the folder, and giving the:

rm ._*

command, which will remove all files that start with dot underscore.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar