Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here are a few photos of the build I made using a Neo Geo X docking station off ebay for £10. Initially I planned on using the hinged system to open the case, then I decided to make it more of a console and remove the hinge opening completely.

The whole inside of the docking station was removed, a laser cut base was added for mounting components securely. A usb hub and hard drive were also added, the power button was altered to switch two power sources off at the same time so that the usb hub did not remain on powering the pi.

The reset or menu button on the top of the Neo Geo X was removed and a working push switch was added, this switch is connected to an old USB keyboard encoder to operate the “ESC” key during emulation. The front houses a Memory card slot for the Pi to allow easy updating, I later changed this for a SD card extender ribbon taken from the Pi’s sd card.

The rear now has an added USB port, a standard HDMI port, stereo jack, additional power port for USB hub and internet port. The rear has a laser cut panel that acts as a vent where the hinge used to be. The whole case is kept securely together with three screws.

peanutwarrior
    Participant

As the cases are hard to come by easily, I created a Vacuum formed mould to make a small neogeo that would house a rapsberry pi and allow 2 usb’s to be mounted at the front, being vacuum formed the plastic is easy to work with being so thin, just use scissors and a drill to mark the holes out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.