Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Brand new RetroPie installation, 3.3. I was able to easily set up my PS3 controller over bluetooth, all buttons mapped… One issue though. When I launch ANY game the X and O buttons are reversed. So in emulation station everything is mapped properly, the A button is mapped as the X button on the controller, and O (circle) is the B button… But when I go into a Playstation, NeoGeo, NES game, any game the X button and O button get reversed. I have tried adding inputs into opt/retropie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg to start … but it seems to ignore this file or I’m doing something wrong. Anything I edit with that file, it all goes BEFORE the #include… so… What am I doing wrong here?

Are there config files for the emulators that I’m not seeing? Any reason it would ignore the edits I’m making?

sudodaemon
    Participant

Well, I may have just solved my problem… I edited the following file.

/opt/retropie/configs/all/autoconf.cfg

I changed the following line from 0 to 1.

es_swap_a_b = 1

I then configured the controller in ES, and mapped A (X) and B (O) backwards.

Now the controller is mapped properly in the games, and ES is now mapped properly once it does the swap…

Weird, but seems to be all figured out… Wanted to post this in case anybody else runs into this issue like I did.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.