Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As the title says I am completely lost and am having multiple issues with connecting things to my pi and getting it up and going. Issue number 1 is that I for the life of me cannot get it to connect to a CRT television… It works fine going to a 20 inch hdmi television but I really dont want to use that in my project and the 2nd issue is that I tried going hdmi to vga and bought the adapter and ect but it again isn’t something I will be using in my final project.

I am running a Raspberry Pi B+ and its running retropi 3.5

I bought the RadioShack HDMI-to-Composite Converter Yellow Red White from radio shack and plug it into the television and into the raspberry pi and nothing… no signal no anything. That is problem number 1 being that that just doesn’t work and Im not sure what to do. I have also tried RCA converter box’s and they didnt work either.

Issue 2

I am having a very hard time wiring my control board being that I am in no way an electrician. so that is a whole other issue entirely. If you can help me out reply or private message me and I will give you my email to see if we can get me up and running because as of right now I feel dead in the water with no where to go.

herbfargus

No need for an HDMI adapter, get a 4 pole RCA cable and see if that fixes your video issues with your crt. I don’t know about any of the other issues though as I just use hdmi

cdolliver
    Participant

Do I just plug that into the 3.5mm jack? would I need something else to split the audio being that I have the speakers plugged into the 3.5 jack currently? or am i going to have to go audio out from the television through the headphone jack?

benwlson
    Participant

A 4 pole RCA cable includes the audio. Search for 3.5mm to triple RCA.

cdolliver
    Participant

Right but what Im saying is that I have an external set of speakers that are plugged into the 3.5 jack already so do I get RCA to 3.5 also? so I can plug the red and white into the 3.5 in the back of the speakers?

dabone
    Participant

The cable you need has 3 outputs, 1 composite video, and 2 audio (left and right).

This pinout for the composite video/analog audio port is here.

Pi Cable

Look on ebay or the like, or look at this one over on adafruit.

Adafruit cable.

Good luck.

Later,
    dabone

cdolliver
    Participant

@dabone Thank you I bought the cord from Adafruit and it works so I am not using the cord from the pi to the crt television and I bought a Y audio splitter with both sides being female female rca to female 3.5mm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.