Stella saving configuration mapping changes in RetroPie 2.2 and other warnings.

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Stella saving configuration mapping changes in RetroPie 2.2 and other warnings.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of djdtime djdtime 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wilstorm
    wilstorm
    Participant

I changed the default Atari emulator to Stella. It runs fine and I am able to enter the configuration menu with the tab key just fine. I changed the Reset command to 5 and Select to 1, clicked Ok and play the game just fine with the new mappings.

When I exit the emulator back to Emulation Station and go back into Stella the settings are set right back to default. Am I missing something or is there a way to make the changes persistent? I tried it several times and even do a reboot but no luck.

Another thing I can’t seem to get the neogeo.zip BIOS file to work in the BIOS subdirectory. I changed the retroarch.cfg file located under /opt/retropie/configs/all to “system_directory = /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/”. I copied the file to that location and it still thinks it’s missing the neogeo files. It DOES work fine when it’s located with the MAME ROM files under /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame/

Lastly when I run the NES emulator I see warnings:

RetroArch [WARN] :: key map lalt not found.

I trying to use the keyboard for just a couple games in NES like Super Mario Bros. Is there a list of valid key mappings? I can’t seem to get valid keys for A and B to jump and fire.

Thank you.

Profile photo of djdtime
    djdtime
    Participant

I am having the exact same problem!, my MAME works perfectly, if you get to fix, can you please let me know, I had been searching for weeks, and I could not yet, find a result

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar