Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there, i’ve build up my project with using raspberry pi2, thanks to retropie.. now i am playing mame games with no problem with my ps3 controller (still designing a custom joystick-button front panel). My coin acceptor is working fine, but i am planning to add a relay-based hardware for accepting coin when a game is started from emulator. Otherwise, coin will be wasted if i use my coin in emulation station. I want to use my coin acceptor closed on default and when a game is started, i would like to trigger a relay and make it on open position.

I would like to ask you, is there any way to trigger a relay when a game is started from emulation station ?

Regards.

Serhan

writerson
    Participant

is there any idea for activating a pinout while starting a game, and deactivating on close ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you can adjust /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand.sh which is used to launch the emulators and handle some configuration to trigger another script before launching (which would control your relay via gpio

writerson
    Participant

hi again, thanks for your reply. i think i can adjust runcommand.sh and trigger a GPIO, but how can i close it on game exit ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yeh also in runcommand

writerson
    Participant

thanks a lot, i’ll check it out and make you know the results..

newparadise
    Participant

Hi I am working on setting up coin acceptor as well. You said you had it working on the RetroPie, I basically want to set it up as the coin button. Is that simply done through an IO port, or do I need an IPAC?

gamesfan
    Participant

You could go about this another way. The coin is a button press or keystroke. A script can be written (likely) that will capture the key stroke regardless of the system running or just the front end and increase the count by 1. If 4 coins are inserted the count will be 4

Then each time you press start the button count would count down 4,3,2,1 etc.

Then the script could listen for running processes ex. Mame.exe or pifba.exe etc. this way if the process isn’t running and a user presses start it won’t decrease the counter.

In theory this would make emulated games like snes pay per play too as a user couldn’t send a start button unless coins were inserted.

I have wrote similar scripts in autohotkey for Windows and Mame but don’t have any real experience with Linux.

I’d like to see this happen, but people are very passionate about people charging for mame etc so your mileage may vary

Bh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.