Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

So I recently started over and imaged a 64GB card with the new Retropie 3.0 Beta for My Pi2. The good news, controller config issues I was having are now magically gone. The pain point for this topic is that whenever I try to launch any N64 game it goes to the balck screen where it says “to configure” blah blah blah “hit X or M” blah blah blah you see before the game actually launches… and then goes right back to the game selection screen. Any thoughts?

herbfargus

If your ROMs are in zip format extract them and see if that makes any difference.

spy64
    Participant

ok i extracted SM64 and tried it, but had the same symptoms. ;-/

herbfargus

You could also try changing the emulator using the x or m menu option as you launch a ROM, you could try installing mupen64plus testing from the experimental menu option in the setup script and then selecting it as an emulator in the x or m menu. I’ve just conceded that its too much of a headache to try and configure each game with the perfect settings to make it barely work. I stick with a PC for n64 emulation. It is also possible you have a bad source of ROMs. You could test them on a PC with project 64 to see if they work.

phoenix
    Participant

I have found that a “kick-back” to the ES menu almost always means a bad ROM.

Several N64 games work just fine, like Mario Kart, but you need to install the “testing” version of MUPEN64plus as already pointed out. I second herbfargus’s idea to test the ROMS on Project 64 (to rule that error source out).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.