Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here is a few pics of my Pitendo. Rpi2 with a control block. NES controller ports, power button and led work. I have been working on it for a few months and finally got the last detail parts completed.

[attachment file=”109087″]

srfrboybob
    Participant

Here are a few more pics

[attachment file=”109090″]

MRKane
    Participant

That’s a really slick build!!!

srfrboybob
    Participant

Thank you! I wanted to make the cleanest Pitendo I could. I love how the usbs fit right in the stock side grooves. If you look closely you will also see the headphone jack I built in the the stock rf switch location. I also hid a Ethernet connection in the back.

MRKane
    Participant

Yes I was wondering how much modification had been required to the case or if you’d just been really cunning and made best possible use of space. How did you anchor the PI down or do the cables do a pretty good job keeping it in place?

srfrboybob
    Participant

I used the bottom half of a case that held the card tight at first but with adding the control block I had to remove it. The cables and game cart holder hold it very well in place. I spent a lot of time trying not to modify too much and making it still look like a fully functioning nes. I only really had to cut out a few supports, cut a hole for the power and notch for the hdmi. I also cut up the rf/AV card to keep the outside look but gain space in the interior.

srfrboybob
    Participant

Here are a few more earlier build pics to show the modifications I had to do inside the nes. I covered the hot glue mess with a modified battery box. The hot glue is holding the headphone jack that keep popping out. I also purchased a second player two controller port to replace the original player one. The wiring is twice as long on the player two. This allowed me to use the oem wiring to the control block. The wires are a bit tight but ended up clean.

[attachment file=”109311″]

[attachment file=”109312″]

[attachment file=”109314″]

MRKane
    Participant

Man that’s really nicely done! :) I actually found the biggest problem I had with the cables was the HDMI which really didn’t come in any convenient size and wasn’t easily “modifiable”

srfrboybob
    Participant

I did see your n64 and I really like how you used the hdmi adapter. I was lucky in how it all worked out in the end but I wanted to make the game holder still functional looking (and be able to use the spring up action/remove game) so I was limited to the Pi positions. I almost 180 it but I really did not want to ruin the original look so I was forced with how I placed it. With that position I had to buy and return parts several times and got lucky. If you have a chance look at Datapro.net. I purchased my usb power pin thru (see pic) and they have a lot of great adapters for custom builds.

rdhanded2
    Participant

You can get all those panel mount cables much cheaper elsewhere. Here is an example.
    http://www.adafruit.com/product/978

srfrboybob
    Participant

That’s is a great site. Thank you for the tip

rdhanded2
    Participant

Anytime. I use them and http://www.mcmelectronics.com/ quite a bit for parts.

Great build!

srfrboybob
    Participant

Thanks again! I loved the adafruit page so much. It made me want to start another project. I just purchased the pocket pigrrl kit and a 3D printed case. It will be a fun project. I love building my own things but this kit will really help me with new ideas in the future. I wanted to create my own piboy but I am very new to these items. The adding of the screen, battery and audio was going to really make it difficult. Wish me luck and I will keep everyone posted. Below image is what I’m going for

rdhanded2
    Participant

Nice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.