Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve finally made Mupen64plus run smoothly on my rpi2. Problem is that when I start the application, it keeps writing out that there’s an audio warning:

Audio Warning: Audio Buffer under run(01 – the number grows as long as the application is running.

And when that audio error pops up = No audio in Mupen64.

did anyone of you run into this issue as well, and what was the solution?

As I don’t have access to the GUI settings on Mupen64plus, I would be grateful, if some of you could tell me how to resolve this via the config files.

I will try reformatting my SD with retropie again, and check if this was just an one-timer problem.

labelwhore
    Participant

It might help to lower the audio sample rate to decrease the amount of data flowing through the audio buffer. You can usually cut it in half without much difference, it’s noticeable, but only just.

In retroarch.cfg set the sample rate to this audio_out_rate = 22050 I think by default it’s 44100.

Idk if that will work for you, it’s just a theory based on digital audio knowledge in the windows world, but things are working on my end.

Edit: if this isn’t the liberto version, then I’m not quite sure where you’d change that.

DanishRPIDude
    Participant

Thanks for the reply :-)

Ultimately, it was actually the output port which was set to HDMI (mupen64plus.cfg).

Changed it value = 0 for analog audio, and the issue disappeared.

Need to test the HDMI value (1) again on a TV, as the monitor it is connected to now is without speakers.

labelwhore
    Participant

Glad you got it fixed, and good to know that there is another possible cause to this error.

DanishRPIDude
    Participant

Btw, it works perfectly with audio on the TV through HDMI. So I’m sure that the issue was caused by my monitor.

Thanks for the help :-P

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.