Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I recently upgraded to Retropie 3 final and now multiple snes games will not work, they will load the console screen and go back to ES, they worked before but refuse to work now. The problem seems to only be with snes games no other system will have this problem. Help.

Floob

You need to update the default snes emulator, “lr-snes9x-next”

Run the setup script
    sudo /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh

Then choose the “Install individual emulators from binary or source” Then (probably 231) “lr-snes9x-next”, choose from binary

lilbud
    Participant

OK I updated the emulator, but now every time I turn on the pi it will ask me to reconfigure the ps3 controller and Doom 1 shareware does not work at all.

Floob

The above change shouldnt change that behaviour at all.

Is your PS3 controller wireless?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got the same problem when installing 3.0 onto a new card. All systems were OK except when attempting to launch some SNES roms: Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Kart, etc. At first I thought it was related to bad transferring rom process.

Tried again copying roms… didn’t work. Hmmm, maybe related to files permission, so I checked the snes rom directory and then tried running a

sudo chmod +r *

command, and again it didn’t work!! this thing is driving me nuts!

At the end, i found this topic:

Tried reinstalling lr-snes9x-next via RetroPie menu and via command line… Nope, It just doesn’t want to work for me.

Floob

@afjara

Install a clean RetroPie 3, then:

update the default snes emulator, “lr-snes9x-next”

Run the setup script

Then choose the “Install individual emulators from binary or source” Then (probably 231) “lr-snes9x-next”, choose from binary

Then report the exact rom and error you get.
    (Dont do anything except the above steps)

herbfargus

And don’t forget to update your setup script first.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=104813]@afjara

Install a clean RetroPie 3, then:

update the default snes emulator, “lr-snes9x-next”

Run the setup script

Then report the exact rom and error you get.
    (Dont do anything except the above steps)

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply ;). I’ll try with a fresh RetroPie 3.0 setup when arriving home.

BTW, in my previous attempts, I didn’t get any errors on screen when launching roms. ROMs start loading and then exit to ES menu. I’ll check runcommand.log if the problem persists.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=104820]And don’t forget to update your setup script first.

[/quote]

Thanks,

How do you run an update for the Setup Script?

herbfargus

You choose update setup script in the setup script. Should be option 5 or 6 I believe (you’ll need an active internet connection of course). See this video if there is any confusion:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks again herbfargus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.