Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Absolutely LOVING the implementation overall, but I’m having trouble with two items. I currently am using a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad, seen here:

1. When I want to exit a game running in the NES emulator, I can’t. I have tried the instructions below and it did work a couple of times:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Does-anybody-know-if-there%27s-a-way-to-edit-the-retroarch.cfg-to-give-me-the-ability-to-exit-an-emulator-by-using-the-controller%3F

But at some point the configuration seemed to vanish and I haven’t been able to get it working again.

2. When I am in MAME, I have not been able to get the insert coin and start game key mappings to work.

I’m not particularly tied to this particular joystick/gamepad. If there is another one that is known to work with the items above (exiting the emulator, inserting coin and starting game), could you let me know? Or if there is a solution that would not require me to get a new controller, that’s good too! My goal is to break this down to having a simple Pi box, and a couple of controllers – no keyboard.

Thank you,
    DC

dietcoke
    Participant

Please disregard – after starting fresh with the same image I am no longer getting this issue!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.