Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

So I just boguth an RP2 and installed Retropie on it. Now, I wanted to move my old save states that I had on my RP1 to the RP2. I though it would be as easy as copying the state files to the new installation and I should be good to go, but whenever I try to load them, it says it failed to load.

Are there some other file I need aswell? I used the same roms too.

Also, I don’t seem to be able to save or load anything on the N64 roms. It does not show the message saying my controller have been configured either. Any advice here what could be the problem? The message saying my controller has been configured shows on all emulators except the N64.

zerojay
    Participant

There’s a possibility that the versions of the emulators are too far apart and the format of the savestates themselves have changed between them. That’s about all I can think of.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used a fresh installation on the latest build on January 4 this year, I guess it was 3.x, can’t check now.
    Now I grabbed the latest version for the RP2. Could they really have changed that much in this little time? Or perhaps the RP1 and RP2 emulators differ?

meneerjansen
    Participant

[quote=119785]I used a fresh installation on the latest build on January 4 this year, I guess it was 3.x, can’t check now.
    Now I grabbed the latest version for the RP2. Could they really have changed that much in this little time? Or perhaps the RP1 and RP2 emulators differ?

[/quote]
    When I had to reinstall RetroPie I noticed that some game systems were configured to use different emulators than in my old configuration. Realize that there often is more than one emulator to choose from when running a ROM. To choose: move the D-pad (or any key) a lot during start-up of the emulator. A configuration screen should pop up where you can set a different emulator for the type of ROM.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This solved my issue, my pi2 was set for different emulator. When I tried the arm emulator, my old saves worked again, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.