Megaman X Splash Screen

Welcome Page Forums RetroPie Project Splash screens Megaman X Splash Screen

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rookervik rookervik 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rookervik
    rookervik
    Participant

I’ve tried to do a Megaman splash screen a few times but always failed on the font. I found Rockman and was able to sample the R from Rockman and the rest from Megaman and came up with this.

The text at the top reads, “レトロパイエックス.” Which means, ‘Re-to-ro-pa-i E-ku-su’, or ‘Retropie X’ 😀

MegamanX

Attachments:
    Profile photo of auswear
    auswear
    Participant

Mate, that is awesome! Might have to steal this for mine ;p

rookervik
    Participant

Please do! Use any that I’ve posted. 😀 PM me suggestions to work on next if you have any requests. I’ve done most of the games I wanted to already. Can’t promise I’ll do everything, but some direction is surely appreciated.

Profile photo of tronkyfran
    tronkyfran
    Participant

VERY nice!!!!!, any chance of seeing it animated for a vídeo ?????

rookervik
    Participant

Haha, I have no idea how I’d animate it for a video. I guess I could have the RETROPIE wave in like it does in Megaman X and then have the X come in stretched then snap to shape.

Profile photo of lilbud
    lilbud
    Participant

Seriously, Do you even have a social life, or is it just this? How about the original Legend of Zelda on NES

rookervik
    Participant

Haha. I’m highly socially anxious. Even my best friends in real life don’t hear from me unless they message me online.

I’m working on 2 right now. Trying to animate this Megaman one. Right now I’m trying to remix the intro music. Got this so far. https://db.tt/h6z6Uml5 Having trouble with the synths. Anyone better at music than me? I generally place 250th out of 300 entries with my music. >.<

Also working on the Starfox splash screen. Rendered the Arwing, but don’t know if I will do it HD or Pixel.

I suppose original Zelda can be next.

PS, these are fun. 😀

Profile photo of lilbud
    lilbud
    Participant

Sadly not good at music, Also what program do you use of the static images?

rookervik
    Participant

I use a mix of Photoshop and Illustrator for the splash screens. If I do pixel art matching the resolution of the system the game’s from, then I just use Photoshop. For the HD images, I usually vector the text first, then color and add effects in Photoshop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar