Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    i have a new installed version of retropie 3.4, but Megadrive won’t work for me.

lr-genesis-plus-gx:

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Frontend supports RGB565 - will use that instead of XRGB1555.
    RetroArch [WARN] :: load_content_need_fullpath :: Tried extracting to extraction directory, but extraction directory was not set or found. Setting extraction directory to directory derived by basename...
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_content_need_fullpath :: Could not read content file "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/Adventure/Jurassic Park # SMD.SMD".
    RetroArch [WARN] :: resolve_extensions :: [GL]: GLES implementation does not have BGRA8888 extension.
    32-bit path will require conversion.
    RetroArch [WARN] :: gl_glsl_init :: [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used.
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 671:  5018 Segmentation fault      /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-genesis-plus-gx/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/Adventure/Jurassic Park # SMD.SMD" --appendconfig /tmp/retroarch.cfg

lr-picodrive:

RetroArch [WARN] :: load_content_need_fullpath :: Tried extracting to extraction directory, but extraction directory was not set or found. Setting extraction directory to directory derived by basename...
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_content_need_fullpath :: Could not read content file "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/Adventure/Jurassic Park # SMD.SMD".
    RetroArch [WARN] :: init_video_pixel_converter :: 0RGB1555 pixel format is deprecated, and will be slower. For 15/16-bit, RGB565 format is preferred.
    RetroArch [WARN] :: resolve_extensions :: [GL]: GLES implementation does not have BGRA8888 extension.
    32-bit path will require conversion.
    RetroArch [WARN] :: gl_glsl_init :: [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used.
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 671:  5371 Segmentation fault      /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-picodrive/picodrive_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/Adventure/Jurassic Park # SMD.SMD" --appendconfig /tmp/retroarch.cfg

dgen:
    blackscreen and freeze

dudleydes
    Participant

Can you try renaming your rom without the #? To Jurassic Park.SMD, maybe. I renamed one of my roms to Batman # SMD.smd and picodrive wouldn’t load it.

muffy
    Participant

I renamed it to Jurassic Park.SMD and it works !

So how can i solve my problem? my MegaDrive DB is huge and i worked on the xml file manually for weeks. Changing every file is no option for me.

On Retropie 2.6 it works with Jurassic Park # SMD.SMD.

muffy
    Participant

Btw i have the exactly problem with Sega 32x.

dudleydes
    Participant

You could try running a bash script to rename the roms. I don’t know how to do that myself but try google (http://bfy.tw/rVb)

Regards the gamelist.xml files, the simplest solution may be to insert your SD card into your desktop and use the search and replace function on a text editor.

Either way, make sure you back up your romset and gamelist.xml before you start. It may also be worthwhile trying your bash script on a subset of roms.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

from terminal

cd [roms folder]
    rename -n "s/#//g" *

remove -n to actually do the renaming.

muffy
    Participant

rename -n "s/#//g" *

Can you please explain me this syntax? Just for a better understanding.

muffy
    Participant

if i do this:
    rename -n "s/#//g" *
    all files are renamed like this:
    Zool # SMD.SMD renamed as Zool SMD.SMD

but if i switch the directory and come back, all files are named like before “Zool # SMD.SMD”.
    So the new names are not saved.

Floob

[quote=102215]rename -n "s/#//g" *

Can you please explain me this syntax? Just for a better understanding.

[/quote]

The -n part means “take no action” so it just shows what would happen.
    When you want to run it, remove the -n option as buzz says.

The “s/#//g” part means
    “substitute occurrences of the hash symbol with nothing, and the g means do this for every occurrence of the hash, so do it globally”

The * just means check all files.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.