Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

With the current RetroPie and Raspberry Pi 2, does this rom now work? It used to start the game but then the controls would go unresponsive?

I thought maybe a different emulator might have fixed the problem?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

with pocketsnes it runs perfect fella, what are you using to run it?

what build of retropie you using?

kitchuk
    Participant

I was running it on the Pi 1 with Pocketsnes. The game stated but as soon as you actually got into the level the controls were just unresponsive. This was quite a well known problem.

So now it fully works no hassle? Cool! (If it does)

Mutex
    Participant

The controls don’t become unresponsive, they just switch to the second player. If you connect another gamepad and switch the controller as soon as your controls don’t work anymore you can easily play the game.

And yes there are now new emulators that don’t have that problem. snes-9x-next for example works flawlessly with the game, althogh a pi1 is probably not powerful enough to use that emulator.

kitchuk
    Participant

[quote=94301]The controls don’t become unresponsive, they just switch to the second player. If you connect another gamepad and switch the controller as soon as your controls don’t work anymore you can easily play the game.

And yes there are now new emulators that don’t have that problem. snes-9x-next for example works flawlessly with the game, althogh a pi1 is probably not powerful enough to use that emulator.
    [/quote]

This is what I wanted to hear. I plan on getting a Pi 2 soon so that’ll be perfect. Thanks Mutex.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

sorry yeah your correct, snes-9x-next is what I’m running, got confused ☺️ had to change to pocketsnes to run something else,
    my apologies

paulb
    Participant

Hi,

I was running pocketsnes on a raspberry model b.
    When I try to emulate super Mario bros all star I can navigate in the menu but when I choose a mario’s game I can on y jump or attack.
    I have mapped all the controls whose works perfectly on other game but on this game only b and a works.
    I only have a xbox 360 controller connect to the pi.

Someone can explain me why I can navigate in the menu but dont move except jump ?

Sorry for my mitage, english is not my native langage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.