Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello fellow Petrockblockers! Everything is working smooth on my Raspberry Pi, even with the SNES controllers. A lot of this is due to the fact that you guys helped me a lot with setting it up, and especially tweaking it.

Of course, a real tweaker is never finished with something. The last time I ran ES_scraper, it renamed a lot of my games to whatever was close to it. I have a lot of ‘fake’ Pokémon ROMS, and they basically get scrambled whenever I run ES_Scraper.

Now my question, is there a program for Windows to create a ‘gamelist.xml’ file by dragging in pictures, typing descriptions and titles myself? I don’t want to code the gamelist.xml myself, because that gets quite messy.

Thanks in advance, Roy`.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Hi, try running ES Scraper manually:

cd /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/ES-scraper
    sudo python scraper.py -w 300 -m

where -w is the boxart width, adjust to your liking but under 400 is recommended. Hope this helps!

royenroy
    Participant

[quote=6553]Hi, try running ES Scraper manually:

cd /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/ES-scraper
    sudo python scraper.py -w 300 -m

where -w is the boxart width, adjust to your liking but under 400 is recommended. Hope this helps!
    [/quote]
    What do you recommend as a boxart width? And actually, I was looking for a program to do it all manually, so also the description etc. But I’ll look into the manual mode.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

I use -w 300. Manual mode is useful to double check the matches ES scraper finds, obviously it will take a lot longer if you have a lot of roms. Editing the gamelist.xml is pretty easy, use a program like Notepad ++ on Windows or edit with Linux built in text editor Nano, e.g.

nano home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/gamelist.xml

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.