Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

First of all I m new to the retropie and got to make work most of emulators I tried. It’s really awesome. Except one that I have been struggling to get to work and that is mame.

I’ve tried first to run roms and every time i had a grey screen with the rom file names in huge letters snd then a crash.

Checking this website i have tried to install the other emulator mame4all using the retropie setup shell but it won’t. It says an error message like “shallow / unshallow” and whatever i tried it won’t install. Result is now the retropie seems to consider mame4all is the new default emulator and when i run roms it now says it cannot find mame exec in /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all which makes sense since the installation didn’t work. Maybe I need somehow to clean this mess so that it can install properly.

Other weird thing I noticed is that it created a weird “esconfig” in ES…

I’m running the very last version.

Please help :-)

smatticus
    Participant

I don’t know why, but the source based install did some weird things on my end. It kept saying that certain emulators didn’t exist. For Mame I had to get the most recent mame4all-pi from the source, download the .zip and transfer the contents to my /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi folder. As for games not loading, make sure the rom path is set in your es_systems.cfg file which is located in /etc/emulationstation

Arnaud

Thanks, I will try this and let you know.

Arnaud

It works !!

Now I still need to figure out the additional special controls such as insert coins and exit the emulator but that s a great leap forward.

Thanks a lot !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.