Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am sorry if this has been asked before (I have tried searching but as my only access to PC is at work I cant spend ages looking) i have a tablet but that is painful to use as screen is small

anywho

Is there a way to set Mame up to just show one of each game? so I dont have a list of say 15 different street fighter 2 (rainbow etc) If I remember rightly if i delete some they all stop working?

does the scraper help this (as its been down i cant scrap anything for the last week)

Many thanks,

I am building a bartop arcade cabinet and want the pi as its heart.

Floob

You can delete roms without affecting others, or at least as far as I know anyway.
    You can get rom specific names, so they dont all look identical, with either the internal scraper, or you can use this quick command line method:

VGMonkey
    Participant

you star i’ll try that when home, Its been a while since I tried MAME on any system, I always thought that if the parent rom was deleted the rest stopped?
    like if “puckman” is deleted then Pacman dont run?

Floob

Ah – good point. Yes, sometimes parent roms are needed.
    Perhaps you can see which are needed with a GUI rom manager?
    http://wiki.romcenter.com/doku.php?id=screenshots

VGMonkey
    Participant

I didn’t try any retropie stuff last night as the wife got me an early birthday present of Destiny, I guess the arcade bartop will be delayed again lol

Floob

That looks great! I think building a case like that really adds to the experience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.